Thursday, March 13, 2014

8-bit Mega Man with Next-Gen Sound Effects

Plus several other examples that will make you thankful for bleeps and bloops
I’m a bit of a VGM nerd, and like many of you, very particular about the sounds emanating from my original NES games. This video’s title immediately let me know I was about to get wonderfully trolled, and the contents within certainly didn’t let me down. Champions of chiptunes, get ready to be hilariously offended by the modern era!

Mega Man examples at 1:04 and 1:52


Amazing… ­ I love how Heat’s stage turns into a cacophonous lava and helicopter-strewn hellscape, yet it also gives you a chance to appreciate the quiet hum Metal Man kept his level running at. And so you know, these wonderful audio yuks (featuring Zelda, Contra, and more) come courtesy of Jake “Virt" Kaufman, the composer of the music in DuckTales: Remastered (he's also featured in our Duckumentaries) and previously responsible for this splendid little musical sacrilege: 

No comments:

Post a Comment